tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benoît Jacquemont <benoit.jacquem...@smile.fr>
Subject Re: Fed up to the back teeth with tomcat !!!
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:50:58 GMT
I use Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache 1.3.12, mod_jk (own build) on a Linux RedHat 6.2
box (kernel 2.2.14). The database is MySQL 3.23 and I use the mm JDBC
driver.

The application has worked perfectly great since the beginning of March with
a medium and sometimes heavy charge, without any rebooting...

Before putting fire to Tomcat just because it is a free software, you should
take a look at the other over-expensive products from big (and reliable
?????) company... You should maybe use one of the new service pack/patches
that makes Win2K a little bit less a beta product...
By the way, what are the others softwares running on your machine ? (There's
always a lot of stuff that Win2K settles on your machine without any
warning. It needs long time before having a slightly clean Win2K server.)
I don't want to start a war, I use a lot of Microsoft products and I'm happy
with them (Office is really great). But when you set up a server, you have
to take EVERYTHING into account.

Anyway, the use of ODBC with SQL Server is the right choice because it is
the natural and native way to talk to a SQL Server database.

Benoît