tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George McKInney" <geo...@tantalus.com>
Subject .java being taken for a .jsp ???
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:42:18 GMT
We have several environments on different machines, all of which use the
same codebase and build files (pointing to separate Tomcat installations).
One of these is NT, two are Solaris.

On one of the Solaris systems, we get the error below, which appears to
suggest that ErrorLog.java is being taken to be a .jsp to be compiled.
ErrorLog.java is actually a file generated by Oracle's jPublisher tool (via
sqlj). It has in fact been compiled and the .class file is where I expect it
to be. The .class files on both Solaris machines are the same length. All
three machines are using the same set of .jar files.

Any ideas about what might be happening?

Error: 500
Location: /snv/jsp/Account/SNV_cRegisterAccount.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSP/u02/apache-tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/snv/WEB-INF/classes/com/snv/jpu
b/ErrorLog.java:15: Class com.snv.jpub.ErrorLog already defined in
ErrorLog.java.
public class ErrorLog implements CustomDatum, CustomDatumFactory
             ^
1 error

	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.ServletException.(ServletException.java:107)
	at org.apache.jasper.JasperException.(JasperException.java:73)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(Compi
led Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
	at
(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Thanks,

George McKinney, Developer
Tantalus Communications Inc.