tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benoît Jacquemont <benoit.jacquem...@smile.fr>
Subject RE: setting up tomcat and apache to run together
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:11:23 GMT
Why does nobody wants to read the HowTo-files ??? Tomcat 3.2.1 comes with
three VERY usefull files which are :
tomcat-apache-howto.html
and
Tomcat-Workers-HowTo.html
and
mod_jk-howto.html

These files are also on the jakarta.apache.org website, so why don't you
want to read this howto... They have been designed to be read ! A lot of
people spent nights to write them (;-) ), so, please take a look at them...
If you want, I can even send them to you...

Benoît

before.  I have Apache (for Darwin/Mac OS X) and
>Tomcat 3.2.1.  They both run great by themselves; apache on port 80 and
tomcat on 8080.  I want to setup the two so that if I
i.e - http://www.apache.org/test.jsp gets processed
>by tomcat even though its being access through apache.  I know I can turn
off apache and reconfigure tomcat so that it runs
>off of port 80, but I would rather do it the other way.  Like I said, I
know this has probably been discussed and I apologize
>for being repetitive.  I couldn't find any information on how to do this.
Any help or direction you all could give would be