tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Colic" <alex.co...@pop-ware.com>
Subject Can't set-up Tomcat for ssl. Please help.
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:16:52 GMT
Help,

I have been trying to set up tomcat to run ssl direct.

I have done the following:

1: I added the following to server.xml
  <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
    <Parameter name="handler"
       value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
    <Parameter name="port" value="8443"/>
    <Parameter name="socketFactory"
value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
    <Parameter name="clientAuth" value="true"/>
  </Connector>

2: edited the java.security file
3: added jcer.jar, jnet.jar and jss3.jar to jre/lib/ext and tomcat/lib
4: created a key via keytool

I think the above is all I need to do but..how am I to access SSL.

If I open up a web page via http://localhost/myapp/index.jsp the page loads
but if I open it up via https://localhost/myapp/index.jsp it does not. If I
go to the command prompt I can see that no exceptions were thrown.

Any help in understanding how to get Tomcat and direct ssl to work is
appreciated.

Regards

Alex Colic