tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Mahoney <mal...@pacbell.net>
Subject Beginner question - revised
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:16:59 GMT
Hey all, I sent a mail earlier about having trouble with configuring tomcat
to handle extension types other than .jsp. The problem is not exactly as I
thought. I have modified web.xml so that type .rt is now handled by tomcat.
My .rt file is just a jsp page with a different extension. I get the error
below whenever I access a .rt file in my context, whether the .rt file
exists or not! Which seems really weird to me...Thoughts?

Error: 500
Location: /djmalloc/foo.rt
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.InstantiationException: malloc.servlet.PageGetter
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:268)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)