tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Colic" <alex.co...@pop-ware.com>
Subject How to get around a tricky situation.
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:23:10 GMT
Hi,

I need some advice on how I might fix a problem with one of our web apps. We
farmed out an app that works ok except that the web pages which are created
by servlets are looking for images in the tomcat root images directory. This
presents a problem in that if I create a war of our app I also have to
distribute and copy the images over to the root images directory.

Can I set up my web.xml file so that when a web page looks for an image in
the /images directory it actually pulls them out of my myWebApp/images
directory.

What I am trying to achieve is one war file that I can use to distribute our
app without having the customer copy images over to the root/images
directory.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Alex Colic-0132