tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Kurella <Srinivas.Kure...@cosinecom.com>
Subject RE: CLASSPATH and Load-on-startup related issue - bug ??
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:34:49 GMT
Anuj,
Do you have a servlet that is loaded on startup ? I have a feeling that to
laod the servlet on startup , tomcat needs all the classes in the classpath,
which forces me to put the jars in the classpath. I can't get to the
jasper.log stage, if the startup servlet can't be loaded.
Can somebody who knows the specs and the implementation please respond and
clarify if this is a known bug .
Thanks,
Srini

-----Original Message-----
From: Anuj Agrawal [mailto:agrawal@lucent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 6:04 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: CLASSPATH and Load-on-startup related issue - bug ??

Actually, i believe tomcat does pick up the jars from the WEB-INF/lib
directory.  You might want to try looking in the jasper.log file in the logs
directory.  It should show something like:

Classpath according to the Servlet Engine is:
<list of jar files in WEB-INF/lib dir>

I'm using tomcat 3.2.1 - not sure if that makes a diff.  Originally i
thought i needed to add the jar files to classpath via the
wrapper.properties file, but then i found that i didn't need to.

Hope that helps.
Anuj.

Srinivas Kurella wrote:

 i am reposting this. I didn't get any responses. Does anybody have an
answer ?? Thanks in advance.Srini