tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anuj Agrawal <agra...@lucent.com>
Subject log4j usage in tomcat?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 00:58:58 GMT
Hi!

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 with IIS on W2K.  Things work great!

Within my classes i'm utilizing Log4j logging which requires Log4j to be
configured.  I normally configure Log4j within my unit test cases, but in the
case of Tomcat, to my pleasant surprise, i found that (seemingly) without
configuration, it was handling all my log statements and outputing them to the
jvm.stdout file in the logs directory.

Log4j logging is configurable, but i was unable to find the location within
Tomcat where they set the Layout pattern.  For that matter, i couldn't find
*any* references to Log4j.

Questions:
1. Does Tomcat really use Log4j?
2. Where can i set the layout pattern?