tomcat-users mailing list archives

From teh j <tomcat_list2...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject creating beans
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:07:07 GMT
hello
i was wondering if anybody could help me out?

i have written two classes (one is a bean that is
called by a jsp) with one calling the other to
instantiate it.
the calling class though does not seem to be able to
recognise the class
being called as it spits the error out at me when i
try and compile it

formHandler.java:25: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class dbConnect
location: class formexamples.formHandler
dbConnect dbConn;
^
formHandler.java:34: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class dbConnect
location: class formexamples.formHandler
                this.dbConn = new dbConnect();
                                  ^
2 errors

I have tried putting the classes in the same package
(i just stuck 'package formexamples;' at the top of
both files and put them in the formexamples
dir) but that still does not work.

the .java files are in the

tom/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/test/WEB-INF/classes/formexamples/

directory

my jsp is in the

tom/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/test/jason/

directory

Any help would be appreciated