tomcat-users mailing list archives

From l...@gmx.at
Subject re: mySQL again
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:19:13 GMT
>Hi!
>My connectionURL in server.xml now looks like this:
>"jdbc:mysql://localhost/auth?user=root&password=somepassword"
>
>and tomcat doesn't start up (although there is no error msg or anything) and
>when i execute tomcat stop i get the following exception:
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Next character must be ";" terminating
>reference to entity "password" and a stack trace follows...
>
>why is that?

I guess you should escape the "&" character in your connectionURL by replacing it with
"&", as the XML parser will parse entities like "<" or "&quote;" or things
like that...

Try

jdbc:mysql://localhost/auth?user=root&password=somepassword

instead, that should work...

np: Flanger - Nightbeat 1 (Midnight Sound)

Sent through MailGateway - http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at:2000/
Send or read your emails anywhere.