tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Pavlica" <npavl...@mail.lrm2.k12.wy.us>
Subject Web Development
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:38:07 GMT
"Hello Wold" :)

I'm new to web development and I'm investigating the various available. technologies   I have
been looking into Java (J2EE) and PHP4 to create my database(db2 - 7.1) driven web applications.
 I have experience in programing in VB, Pascal,  SQL/PLSQL, and a little PHP but have yet
to enter the world of Java.  Most of the Java application servers seem to be very expensive
when compared to using the free PHP.    What are the pros and cons of each.  Why should I
dedicate my time and money into learning Java, and using it in my projects.  Also, is Tomcat
fully capable of building database web applications that use Beans, etc.  I hope that these
comments don't sound foolish, but I'm trying to develop a bigger picture of things.  Any comments
would be helpful.

Thank You!
npavlica@mail.lrm2.k12.wy.us
or