tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shriranga K Kulkarni <>
Subject Security exception while loading a swing applet.
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 05:10:34 GMT

Hello all,

  I am loading a swing applet through a servlet. I have been succesful in
have an answer to the below problem , please let me know or at least tell
me a site where the below problem can be addressed.

Thanking you

JAR cache enabled. access denied
(java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThreadGroup)

	at Source)

	at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkAccess(Unknown Source)

	at java.lang.ThreadGroup.checkAccess(Unknown Source)

	at java.lang.Thread.init(Unknown Source)

	at java.lang.Thread.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.TimerQueue.start(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.TimerQueue.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.TimerQueue.sharedInstance(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.JApplet.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at boiler.InitialApplet.<init>(

	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

	at Source)

	at Source)

View raw message