tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Noah silva <nsi...@sparcy.atariuniverse.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat newbies mailing list
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:39:45 GMT
Hello,

I think this "newbie" list is a good idea, as long as there are more
expert users willing to monitor the list answer the questions asked by the
newbies.  Tomcat is somewhat confusing to people not used to it, and it
isn't always easy to find what is needed in the documentation.

Thanks,
   Noah Silva

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Robert Keddie wrote:

> GOOD IDEA!
>
> Robert Keddie
> web development
> Marion County, FL

> There has been some off the list discussion regarding starting a new mailing list for
tomcat-newbies.  The purpose of this mailing list would be to handle setup issues and would
be geared towards the first time tomcat user.  What this mailing list would not be for is
advanced installation & configuration issues.  The basic premise here is for the mailing
list to be a safer place to ask those basic questions then flounder around in documentation
for days on end or getting an rtm reply.