tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: tc4: catalina.home vs "catalina.install"
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:34:07 GMT
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

| Endre Stølsvik wrote:
|
| > Hi!
| >
| > It kind of seems to me that there is some "inconsistency" between the
| > catalina.home and where you actually want tomcat4 to _run_.
| >
| > I have a bunch of "installations" for my gang of developers, and each
| > developer have a complete env. to develop in.
| >
| > But how do I configure, "say to", catalina that "this is where you're
| > installed, and thus where you can find your code and stuff", and "this is
| > where you're supposed to run, this is your _home_"..
| >

| Right now, Tomcat 4.0 does not have a clear distinction between these
| two concepts -- the best way to deal with multiple developers would be
| to have multiple installations of Tomcat, each with their own
| "catalina.home".

Will there be such a distinction soon?! At least I feel it's clearly a
needed option! :)

And if so, how impossible would it be to point several tomcats to the same
webapp? E.g. the manager-thingy? Or would I have to copy the webapp into
each tomcat's location? I guess there could be problems with the
generation and compilation of those JSP things.

--
Mvh,
Endre