tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <>
Subject tc4: catalina.home vs "catalina.install"
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:05:16 GMT

It kind of seems to me that there is some "inconsistency" between the
catalina.home and where you actually want tomcat4 to _run_.

I have a bunch of "installations" for my gang of developers, and each
developer have a complete env. to develop in.

But how do I configure, "say to", catalina that "this is where you're
installed, and thus where you can find your code and stuff", and "this is
where you're supposed to run, this is your _home_"..

Now, when I start up tomcat4, it starts to configure a lot of webapps
coming from the installation area's "webapps" folder, and tell me that
work directories are not existing, cannot be created or whatever (the
installation is made as root, I run it as me).

Typical error line if I try to set catalina.home to where I want it to be
run from:

Directory /devel/endre/active/SERVER/tomcat4.0-home/common/lib does not exist

View raw message