tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <>
Subject What is open software... Sorry, could not resist...
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:26:55 GMT
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> Sorry that you didn't understand what is OpenSource...

Here it is... Malice {:-)}.

This is a official quote by Microsoft Corp.'s
Windows operating-system chief, Jim Allchin.

    "Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer.  I can't
     imagine something that could be worse than this for the software
     business and the intellectual-property business."

     "I'm an American, I believe in the American Way.  I worry if the
      government encourages open source, and I don't think we've done
      enough education of policy makers to understand the threat."

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet:
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |

View raw message