tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sharon.C...@edgematrix.com
Subject Re: help!! how to deploy a WAR file?
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:20:49 GMT

thanks, john, for your reply.

well actually, i did not create the war file :P
for testing purposes, i copied the examples.war from the webapps dir into
/home/sharon/mydocroot/ui
my tomcat resides in /home/sharon/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
i'm using the binaries downloaded from the tomcat site
i've removed the entire webapps dir from tomcat (will there be any
repercussions? the only thing is that whenever i startup tomcat, it tells
me /webapps dir not found, n i've been trying to get rid of it...)

in server.xml, i have the following :

<Context path="/ui"
                 docBase="/home/sharon/mydocroot/ui"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
</Context>

so i would expect the war file to expand into
/home/sharon/mydocroot/ui/examples

also, i understand that i can still access the files like index.html in
examples.war even tho the war file does not expand out when i restart
tomcat.
that is to say, if i try

http://localhost:8080/ui/examples/jsp/index.html

i shld be able to reach the page.
but i got a 404 error instead.

appreciate any pointers...
thanks zillions!

Regards,

Sharon Chua
EdgeMatrix
http://www.edgematrix.com
EdgeMatrix Pte Ltd.
30 Hill Street #05-01 Singapore 179360
Tel: +65-226-0788 x 221 / Fax: +65-226-0733

Singapore ... Australia ... Hong Kong ... Malaysia ...Taiwan ...

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and may
be legally privileged. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest
extent permitted by law.  Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the sender states them, with requisite
authority, to those of EdgeMatrix.

                    "John Clark L.

                    Naldoza"              To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    <njclark@ntsp.        cc:

                    nec.co.jp>            Subject:     Re: help!! how to deploy a WAR file?

                    Sent by:

                    njclark@ntsp.n

                    ec.co.jp

                    02/27/01 01:14

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to tomcat-user

Hi,

Try to delete everything that the WAR file would contain...  i.e.
Application Directory that the WAR would expand to...;-)

Try to restart tomcat and see if that helps...

BTW, how did you create the war file?  Did you use the build.xml script?

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer II                       ( \