tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sharon.C...@edgematrix.com
Subject .war + server.xml
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:20:07 GMT
hi,

i've downloaded the binaries for tomcat 3.2.1.
i do not want to use the default /webapps.
will i be able to specify this in server.xml

<Context path="/my_ui"
                 docBase="/usr/local/htdocs/my_ui"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
</Context>

and place my_ui.war in /usr/local/htdocs and get it to expand out into the
full directory structure?

apparently, war file does not expand automatically.
pls enlighten me on how i should go about doing it.
thanks lots.

Regards,

Sharon Chua
EdgeMatrix
http://www.edgematrix.com
EdgeMatrix Pte Ltd.
30 Hill Street #05-01 Singapore 179360
Tel: +65-226-0788 x 221 / Fax: +65-226-0733

Singapore ... Australia ... Hong Kong ... Malaysia ...Taiwan ...

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and may
be legally privileged. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest
extent permitted by law.  Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the sender states them, with requisite
authority, to those of EdgeMatrix.