tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Dresmond.McLau...@frb.gov>
Subject RE: deep web.xml problem
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:16:01 GMT

-Tomcats

I recieved response:

Can't say for sure but why not store init params in static vars if your
servlet class on load-on-startup call to init i.e.

I changed the code as described but still get null values...  except for
the private static int object... It actually has a value not null.  What
gives here?    Also, both servlets work as coded using VisualAge 3.5 IDE
and the server launcher tool.  VisualAge also uses an XML file for
init-params, but the set-up is a little differerent.. But everything works
there... so I don't think bug is in java source.