tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vitorro...@shoptime.com
Subject Re: refresh/flush logs question
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:28:13 GMT

     Hi David.

     I had this problem........

     My solution was edit server.xml and change the verbosityLevel of
jasper.log. See:

         <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
                      path="logs/jasper.log"
                      verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION" />

     change to:

         <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
                      path="logs/jasper.log"
                      verbosityLevel = "FATAL" />

     In the FATAL mode, jasper.log only records the fatal errors and no
more causes it problems.

     Bye.

Vitor Mastrangelo Rosas
Administrador de Sistemas
SHOPTIME.COM
Grupo de Tecnologia Internet
+ 55 21 421-1188 ext 2256

                    David Brewster

                    <david@internat        Para:   tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    ion.co.uk>             cc:

                                           Assunto:     refresh/flush logs question

                    12/02/2001

                    11:17

                    Responder a

                    tomcat-user

Hi
I had a look through the mailing list history and the faq but couldn't find
an
answer to the following question: is there a way to cause the log file to
be
flushed (for example as in the mysqladmin --flush-logs) command. I'd like
move the current log files to a backup area and then flsh the logs so they
start writing back into the correct place again. Restarting tomcat isnt
really
an option as it loads a lot of classes on startup for speed purposes which
itself causes a significant delay on startup. Is there any way to do this
causing as little disruption to the tomcat process as possible ?

Thanks

David