tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Baert \(SPS Office\)" <eba...@sps.be>
Subject RE: Redirecting and Broken Streams with Tomcat under IIS
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:54:39 GMT
Hi Daniel,

we also had the problem with response.sendRedirect().
In fact, the sendRedirect() was sent when already html
tags were sent to the browser. We avoided that problem
by using a workaround : the sendRedirect is now pointing
to a javascript function = location.replace() that will
reset all header information and send the URL as a complete
new page.

Etienne

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Noelpp [mailto:nalp@gmx.ch]
Sent: jeudi 1 fevrier 2001 7:37
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Redirecting and Broken Streams with Tomcat under IIS

Hello Web Developers!

I found out that redirects (response.sendRedirect()) don't
always work with Tomcat started from IIS. Sometimes contents
of the two JSP pages get mixed up, sometimes IIS just hangs.
The hang happens when we are using file upload (using
jspSmartUpload) and redirecting. Sometimes adding return;
after a redirect() helps as a work-around.

In an other part of the web application there is some broken
stream detection to cancel some operations when the web app
user prematurely disconnects (catching an IOException
flushing the response buffer: response.flushBuffer() and
cancelling the rest of the operation when an exception
occurs). This detection doesn't work anymore running under
IIS.

Does someone of you know of such issues with IIS?

We are using IIS 5 on Windows NT 4 and the ISAPI redirector
from Jakarta. The Tomcat worker uses ajp12 (out of process).

Daniel Noelpp