tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Baert \(SPS Europe\)" <eba...@sps.be>
Subject RE: IIS5 - Missing something very simple
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:42:35 GMT

  From: Bryan Lipscy [mailto:BryanL@DataChannel.com]
  Sent: jeudi 22 février 2001 17:35
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: IIS5 - Missing something very simple

  [Root partition]
          Windows 2000 Server (no sp1)
          IIS5 (Ports 80, 81, 8080)
  [Seperate partition]
          Apache 1.3.14 r2 (Port 90)
          JDK 1.3
          J2EE 1.3
          Tomcat 3.2.1

  I know that I am missing something very simple.  When I call up
http://localhost:8080 I am getting 403'd (You are not authorized to view
this page).

  Checked & re-checked my registry settings.
  Checked the config files.
  Sharing and/or web sharing is not enabled.
  IIS5 is set up with a jakarta web root pointed to the folder with the
isapi_redirect.dll.
  The isapi_redirect.dll is installed in the ISAPI filters and has a green
arrow.

  Anyone have any idea what it is that I am missing?

  Bryan