tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jennifer Dyess" <jenni...@squaretrade.com>
Subject problems configuring tomcat/apache mod_jk.so
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:53:00 GMT
I've followed the doc for compiling and configuring mod_jk.so.  Everything
*seemed* to work fine.  I'm running solaris on intel, so I compiled
mod_jk.so from source:

apxs -o
mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
-c *.c ../jk/*.c

like I said, that seemed to work fine, no errors or anything.

Then i copied the mod_jk.so to /usr/local/apache/libexec.

Update httpd.confn as follows:

#Load mod-jk - this is the Tomcat Apache plugin
LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c

#Configure mod_jk
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    warn

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /JspServlets/* ajp13

But, when I run apachectl configtest, I get the following:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol fdatasync: referenced symbol not
found

I had mod_jserv installed previously and I believe i've removed all
references to this.

any suggestions?