tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jennifer Dyess" <jenni...@squaretrade.com>
Subject RE: problems configuring tomcat/apache mod_jk.so
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:25:09 GMT
I don't really understand what you're saying.

I did compile mod_jk.so for solaris as per the instructions in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html:
(the instructions on your site were only for linux)

apxs -o
mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
-c *.c ../jk/*.c

Which worked fine, no errors.

I'm running solaris on intel, so you precompiled mod_jk.so will not work for
me, but thanks anyway.

So, has anyone have any clue why i'm getting the following when I run
apachectl configtest:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol fdatasync: referenced symbol not
found

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Fowler [mailto:afowler@cc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 4:53 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: problems configuring tomcat/apache mod_jk.so

Hi,

You don't need to compile it into apache to install mod_jk.so. Just compile
it as per instructions on my site http://willow.cc.edu/docs/adminguide and
move it to the libexec directory and do configs as normal.

I have a pre-built copy of mod_jk.so for solaris in the downloads section of
the above site. Just copy it to libexec and it should work.

Whether apache is now hosed due to your compilation is another matter. If
apxs saved a backup of the httpd daemon then you should be ok. Try locate
httpd. If not then just get it from a tar.gz somewhere. I always make a
point of backing up the config files and the httpd daemon before I compile
things (frontpage extensions were a bit tempremental to install!)

Hope it works 8o)

Regards,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----