tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dilip Dalton" <ddal...@sbh.com>
Subject RE: Form based authentication
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:26:43 GMT
This problem was solved. It was a problem with configuration.
The contexts were not set up properly. This was due to
introducing aliases.

Tomcat by default creates its own context by reading directories
in the webapps directory. If you have aliases it creates contexts
for them too, depending on their properties in the workers.properties
file.
-Dilip

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill_Fellows/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com
[mailto:Bill_Fellows/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 4:23 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Form based authentication

I've run into the same problem.  I created an industrial strength bandaid
for
this problem by writing a simple servlet, mapped to /null, that redirects
them
where I want to go (which is defined in the web.xml).  I've been too lazy to
investigate what is actually throwing this so if anyone has any insight,
please
speak up.  If you need the bandaid code, let me know.

/bill

Dilip Dalton <ddalton@sbh.com> on 02/08/2001 12:36:27 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org