tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Diggans" <>
Subject 46 java threads???
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 06:57:33 GMT
I have tomcat running through mod_jk along with Apache. When tomcat is
launched it does so flawlessly but launches FORTY SIX 'java' threads,
each taking ~10MB of what gtop declares 'resident' memory (yes, 460MB
total). Now I realize these are probably sharing a memory space (since
I dont HAVE 460MB of RAM or swap) but is there a reason it's starting
46 threads? And can anyone tell me where I can configure this? It
seems ...... high.

- j

James C. Diggans
Excelsior Technologies, Inc.           At what point did we stop         being citizens and start       being mere 'consumers'?

View raw message