tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <wapedi...@technologist.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat - Sessions and WAP Browsers
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:37:35 GMT
Hi!,

Actually, WAP protocol does not support cookies (at least the version I
worked on).

You have to deal with URL Rewriting, in order to include the session ID
into the requested URL. Once there, tomcat automatically reads the session
ID from the URL instead of using the cookie. This is the same as when
programming standard HTML pages with browsers without cookies support.

Take a look to the 'HttpServletResponse' class and the method 'encodeURL'.
This will made the task of including the Session ID in the URL if needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bob.