tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mikhail malamud" <mikhail.mala...@drexel.edu>
Subject RE: mod_jk.so (apxs, fdatasync, snprintf)
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:02:14 GMT

1) apxs didn't work and it took me hours to find the fix in the PHP FAQ.
        http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11

What was wrong with apxs, maybe there is something wrong with mine?
This included upgrading apache to 1.3.17 in the hope that apxs was fixed
(it wasn't). I also messed around a fair bit with Tomcat and Java.

2) Couldn't join the jakarta-tomcat FAQ-O-MATIC to add my solution to
(1)

I found a different place to query tomcat-user
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06117.html

3) Mailing list archives give you '20 out of a possible 20' matches so
you
have to do a jillion queries to try and narrow out information but you
don't

know whether your queries are actually narrowing the results.

Keep me updated. I am working basically on the same things as you are.

I got the failure to load the fdatasync problem which was solved by
adding
-lposix4 to the apxs command line.

Right now I am replacing my gcc in the hopes that it will give me a
libc.so
library containing the snprintf object. Sheesh! are all these
type-retentive

Java people actually still coding in C using stdio.h ??? No wonder they
think that C++ is so bad.