tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Vanden Driessche" <patrick.vanden.driess...@euronet.be>
Subject RE: poolman
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:37:28 GMT

Hi Ryan,

I've been using Poolman for a while in my development environment without
problems.
I'm running MySQL, Tomcat 3.2.1. on Win2K system for development...

Are you sure that the poolman.jar and the jdbc2.0-stdext.jar are in Tomcat's
classpath ?
(in my case I placed them in the %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib directory.

Secondly... Make sure that the jdbc driver used by Poolman to connect to
your database is also available in the classpath.
(In my case, the mm.mysql driver is in the same folder)

Hope this helps,

Patrick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan [mailto:rcdetert@ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 19:19
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: poolman

I was wondering if anyone has used the pooling library called PoolMan.. it
can be found on freshmeat.net. I have heard good things about it and the
souce code seems pretty nifty. However, I tried compiling the sample file
and all worked fine, but when I ran the compiled class it said that the
poolman driver could not be located

any help on how to get it working would be great

-thanx
ryan

----here is the error for what its worth-------
root@the45:/home/http/jsp/the45# java PoolManSample "SELECT * FROM
userpass;"

Executing demo of SQLUtil syntax, in which SQLUtil manages the query and all
resources automatically (last db in poolman.props is used):

Looks like the driver was not found...
Be sure it is in your CLASSPATH and listed properly in the properties file.
A non-SQL error occurred when requesting a
connection:java.lang.NullPointerException
Looks like the driver was not found...
Be sure it is in your CLASSPATH and listed properly in the properties file.
A non-SQL error occurred when requesting a
connection:java.lang.NullPointerException
Looks like the driver was not found...
Be sure it is in your CLASSPATH and listed properly in the properties file.
A non-SQL error occurred when requesting a
connection:java.lang.NullPointerException
Looks like the driver was not found...
Be sure it is in your CLASSPATH and listed properly in the properties file.
A non-SQL error occurred when requesting a
connection:java.lang.NullPointerException
Looks like the driver was not found...
Be sure it is in your CLASSPATH and listed properly in the properties file.
A non-SQL error occurred when requesting a
connection:java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.RuntimeException: ERROR: SQLManager: Couldn't create connection
pool:
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLManager.createPool(SQLManager.java:266)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLManager.init(SQLManager.java:221)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLManager.<init>(SQLManager.java:109)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLManager.getInstance(SQLManager.java:60)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLUtil.getSQLManager(SQLUtil.java:152)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLUtil.executeSql(SQLUtil.java:189)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLUtil.execute(SQLUtil.java:132)
        at com.codestudio.util.SQLUtil.execute(SQLUtil.java:127)
        at PoolManSample.doSQL(PoolManSample.java:61)
        at PoolManSample.main(PoolManSample.java:377)

POOLMAN SAMPLE COMPLETE

root@the45:/home/http/jsp/the45#