tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: jsp could not be loaded on winnt
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:23:28 GMT
I've found the NPEs from the class loader generally mean corrupted .class
files.  Is it possible that the files got messed up when they were moved
from the Linux machine to Win2000?

You can turn on *lots* of debugging.  There are notes in conf/server.xml
about how to do it.

Depending on how your starting Tomcat, using JDK1.3 might cause some other
problems down the road.  There is a known problem with JDK1.3 that causes NT
services implemented in Java to shutdown when a user logs out.  Unless you
really need features in 1.3 I'd recommend using JDK1.2.2.