tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Ward <cw...@go-integral.com>
Subject RE: jsp could not be loaded on winnt
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:15:22 GMT
Make sure that your classpath is being set up properly, and that any of your
own classes are in a directory that is in your classpath. I had this, but
can't remember exactly which thing I had to add to the classpath.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mariano Kamp (by way of Mariano Kamp <mkamp@codamax.com>)
[mailto:mkamp@codamax.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 4:25 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jsp could not be loaded on winnt

Hi there,

  hopefully I am not repeating a already asked questions, but I couldn't
find
it in the archives.

  Tomcat 3.2.1. is working fine on our linux boxes, but we also need to
setup
tomcat on a notebook for demonstrations.

  The strange thing is, it is not working. We are using Sun's JDK 1.3 and
WIN
2K. When trying to access a servlet we get a Null Pointer Exception and when
looking at the stack trace it seems to be related to to the class loading
(adaptiveClassloader). Is there anyway to start Tomcat in debug mode? I'd
like to see what class is missing or whatever reason there is?!

  Btw. When starting up tomcat right before establishing the handlers it
reports that the jsp servlect could not be loaded and displays a count to
357. I have never seen this on Linux?!

Any ideas?

Mariano

--