tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.sam...@ssmb.com>
Subject RE: legal issue???
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:52:29 GMT
This came up before with the subject tools.jar. I think the response was
basically to use jspc to precompile your JSP source.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Halsey [mailto:PhilipH@kms-software.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 10:17 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: legal issue???

Hi,

I have been using tomcat for a while now developing an intranet front end to
a database system....

We are now at the point where we are think about how we are to deploy it on
user sites and so are doing research on what the best JSP/Servlet server
engine to use.
As we have been developing on tomcat we would prefer to use it...
I am really not sure about the legal issues of doing this with tomcat,
especially to do with customers requiring the JDK to compile the JSP files.

I have tried to find information about this on the web site but have failed.

I would be very grateful for an advise received.

Cheers

Phil