tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lifeng Xu <...@rims.com>
Subject RE: EARGENT!
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:49:44 GMT
Can I have apache starts Tomcat while not having JServ running? How do I
turn JServ off then? You are right, the only thing I care about is Tomcat,
but I also need it be started automaticly by Apache. I thought what I do was
the only way to get that happen.

Thanks.

Lifeng

-----Original Message-----
From: John Golubenko [mailto:golubenkoj@columbiafunds.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 1:31 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: EARGENT!

Ok, I've looked at configs (a bit),
first question comes in mind:
Why do you run Jserv and Tomcat?
The Tomcat is the one you should run, and disable Jserv.
Jserv is only needed (if you need Tomcat+Apache as all have) to
get mod_jserv.o library, to use ajp12 protocol.
If you look at server.xml, and jserv.conf, both servers are using
same 8007 port to connect. You should shutdown the Jserv, uncomment
this in server.xml of Tomcat:

<!--
        <Connector
className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
        </Connector>
-->

Then load the pages like:

localhost:8080/path/to/pages

Where 8080 is the port it uses to serve the pages.
The stuff you got in jserv.properties all goes into
/path/to/web_root/WEB-INF/web.xml
file.
I'm going for lunch now, I'll be back, and may help (if I do so) more.
While im out, please check the FAQ on tomcat's web-site, about web.xml
file,
and how to move configuration from jserv.properties to it.
 Till then,
John.

P.S. People, help him out!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 2/13/01, 11:11:46 AM, "Lifeng Xu" <lxx@rims.com> wrote regarding RE:
EARGENT!:

> John,

> Thank you again for your help!
> My Tomcat can start. I can run some of my jsps through Tomcat, but not
all
> of them.
> Attached is all of my configuration files.
> The httpd.com is located in /usr/local/apache/conf directory, the
> mod_jserv.log is in .../apache/logs, and the rest of them are located in
> /opt/MemberLink_IAS/com/rims/memberlink/conf directory.

> Thank you very much

> Lifeng

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnecti
> > on
> > > (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

> On 2/13/01, 9:58:29 AM, "Lifeng Xu" <lxx@rims.com> wrote regarding RE:
> EARGENT!:

> > Thanks for your response!

> > I configured to start Tomcat when apache starts. Seems to me that they
> > starts ok...

> > Lifeng

Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

> > On 2/13/01, 9:45:08 AM, "Lifeng Xu" <lxx@rims.com> wrote regarding
> > EARGENT!:

> > > Hi,

> > > I am running Tomcat/JServ on Linux with Inprise ejb container. When I
> > access
> > > one of my jsp pages, I got error message from Apache's error log (see
> > > bellow). I checked mod_jserv.log also. There some info in the
> > mod_jserv.log
> > > such as:

> > > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: can not connect to host 127.0.0.1
> > > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: function connection fail.
> > > ...(ERROR) wrapper: argument[..] /usr/local/jdk1.3/bin/java

> > > I have no idea what's causing this. And, not all jsp access fails.
Most
> > of
> > > the jsps functioning correctly.

> > > Bellow is the error I found from apache's error_log.

> > > I need to fix this now and get the app running right away! So please
> help
> > > me!

> > > Many thanks.

> > > Lifeng

> > > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0[]
> > >  at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
> > >  at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
> > >  at java.io.IOException.<init>(IOException.java:49)
> > >  at java.rmi.RemoteException.<init>(RemoteException.java:58)
> > >  at java.rmi.MarshalException.<init>(MarshalException.java:49)
> > >  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
> > >  at
com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl.newInstance(UtilImpl.java:82)

> > >  at

com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl._mapSystemException(UtilImpl.java:3
> > 26
> > > )

> > >  at

com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl.mapSystemException(UtilImpl.java:45
> > 1)

> > >  at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:51)
> > >  at

com.rims.memberlink.ejb._NewEnrollee_Stub.validateNewDemo(_NewEnrollee_Stu
> > b.
> > > java:208)

> > >  at

com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.NewEnrollmentToolkit.ValidateCurrentPage(NewEn
> > ro
> > > llmentToolkit.java:1318)

> > >  at

com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.NewEnrollmentToolkit.processPage(NewEnrollment
> > > olkit.java:995)

> > >  at

_0002fValidate_0002ejspValidate_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fValidate_0002ejspV
> > al
> > > idate_jsp_0.java:373)

> > >  at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
> > >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > >  at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.
> > ja
> > > va:174)

> > >  at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

> > >  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
> > >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > >  at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:50
> > 3)

> > >  at
> > > org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
> > >  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnecti
> > on
> > > (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)

> > >  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:3