tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cumming, Murray" <Murray.Cumm...@mybau.com>
Subject Servlet URLs
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:13:42 GMT
I am using tomcat with Apache (on Solaris).

The tomcat example servlets are at URLs such as:

http://www.somedomain.com/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

but the actual class file is at e.g.
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWorldExample

The 'servlet' directory is not in the actual path, and it is not in the
context path in jakarta's conf/server.xml file. This 'servlet' part of the
URL seems to be used in mod_jk.conf-auto for a JKMount command, as a result
of a JKMount command in mod_jk.conf.

So:
Is there any way to use servlets (not JSPs) with tomcat without using
'/servlet/' in the URL. I am trying to set up a system which already uses
fixed URLs.

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com