tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: Regarding support for jsp........
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:59:37 GMT
This is working fine for me (I tested your code on my tomcat 3.2.1). It
sounds like you have a file timestamp problem. Look at the timestamp on your
JSP file and then the generated Java code. If they are on different
filesystems or were created by different computers then they may be out of
sync.  That is, if the JSP is dated somewhere in the future (due to a
timezone conflict for instance) then when the java file is generated, it has
the current time. Next time you hit the page, tomcat looks at the timestamps
and sees the future time for the jsp again so it recompiles.

Hope this helps,
Paul

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ravindra [mailto:rmenge@sovika.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 1996 7:46 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Regarding support for jsp........

  Hello Sir,
     I am Ravindra using tomcat 3.2.1 server in standalone mode
  for learning jsp .
  but problem is every time when i request for jsp page server
  is creating .java file & compiled it into class file .
  But this should not happened ,java file& class file should
  generate first time after change in jsp file .
  so i am facing problems for follwing counter.jsp example.
  when same jsp i am running through javawebserver2.0 it
  is working fine because java & class file is created after
  change in jsp only.not like previous case.

  Bellow i am giving code so please help me to solve the
  problem

-----------------------------------

  <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
    <head>
      <title>A page with a counter</title>
    </head>
      <%!
        int globalCounter = 0;
      %>

      This page has been visited: <%= ++globalCounter %> times.

      <%
        int localCounter = 0;
      %>
      This counter never increases its value: <%= ++localCounter %>

  Thank you very much

  Regards

     Ravindra