tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Andreou <chr...@strllc.com>
Subject RE: /servlet
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:38:01 GMT
Josh, I have the same problem. On step three to you imply that if I create a
context that points to a different location than Tomcat_HOME then that
location should be in the CLASSPATH?

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivas Kurella [mailto:Srinivas.Kurella@cosinecom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 3:15 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: /servlet

Josh,
I am not sure if i understand your problem completely , but you DONOT
necessarily have to follow the webapp dir structure.

This is what i do to make the /servlet work(porting from jrun to tomcat with
minimum effort :)):
1. create a WEB-INF directory under your app directory and add the web.xml
file to it.
2. add a context "" in the server.xml file with the docBase as your apps'
root dir.
3. Add all the jars/classes explicitly to the CLASSPATH variable before
running tomcat.sh to start tomcat.

This shd work.

Srini