tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Lawson" <g...@sferics.com>
Subject RE: urgent tomcat -ssl i followed the details explained in the how to ssl but still not able to connect
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:34:13 GMT
You haven't specified which OS your client is.
If your DNS is not setup to allow you to type https://hostname:8443 then
95/98/NT4.0 will give you the standard "cannot find server" error page. This
is because your browser has https://ipaddress:8443 and in the eyes of
95/98/NT4.0 this does not match your certificate. 2000 (and I believe Me)
will give you a warning but allow you to continue.

HTH
Gary

 -----Original Message-----
From: Gopi Kesavan [mailto:gopi.kesavan@buck.com.sg]
Sent: 14 February 2001 10:14
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: urgent tomcat -ssl i followed the details explained in the how to
ssl but still not able to connect

  I have tomcat version 3.2  and i am trying to use ssl. Firstly i am
testing this in a network environment. I don't have my own separate pc and
net connection since it is routed through a network. i.e. when i apply for
the certificate in cn do i have to specify unique dsn so as to be recognised
?. Two after following the steps and i generated my own self cert i gave cn
as test1 and generated key and put the certificate into the key store as
under /windows/.keystore, Then i tried to connect to the ssl port by
specifiying https://<my ipaddress>:8443/my servlet . I get an error
webserver not found. Why is this. I removed the comment in the server.xml
etc. Urgent and i need help. I am breaking my head for the past two days.
Please.