tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: servlet-zones
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:46:39 GMT

	Have you disabled the ServletInvoker request interceptor in your
server.xml file?  Basically, old versions of JServ and Tomcat supported a
URL of /servlet/fully.qualified.classname as a method to call servlets
without setting up explict aliases.  This isn't part of the servlet spec,
but its still there to be backward compatible.  Basically it looks for
anything like /servlet/ and tries to run it.

	Also, there is another message on this same thread that talks about
the Apache end, of which I know very little.

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Patric Lichtensteiger [mailto:plichtensteiger@wbe.ch]
Sent: None
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: servlet-zones

hi there

my pulse is on  200... soon ;-)

i read the tomcat docu 100 times and checked the examples, but it seems
that i'm to stupid for understanding...

i added a directory called servlets to the tomcat-tree. so i made the
following additions to server.xml and tomcat.conf:

server.xml:
	<Context path="/servlet" docBase="servlets/" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
	</Context>

tomcat.conf:
	ApJServMount /servlet /root
	<Location /WEB-INF/ >
		AllowOverride None
		deny from all
	</Location>

directory-tree:
-C:
	-Tomcat:
		- conf
		- doc
		- servlets
		- webapps
etc etc etc

can someone tell me, why this doesnt work and what i have to do? i'm
fighting since two day's with this problem... and i got no more ideas left
right now...