tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Stopping Tomcat
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:16:49 GMT

	We've been there and done that.  The problem is that using the two
server.xml files, the second server does not shutdown when using the -f
option as it seems it should from the source.

	I think we've narrowed the problem down to three options: (see my
other email for details about this)
	1.  Bug in Tomcat
	2.  Error in server.xml files
	3.  Problem with a servlet keeping Tomcat from shutting down

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: John Golubenko [mailto:golubenkoj@columbiafunds.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 4:44 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Stopping Tomcat

Well, the /org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat.java
(org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat -start | -stop)
should do the job. Just run it from command line. (look in sourses)

Original Message dated 2/13/01, 1:00:24 PM
Author: "Nortje, Andrew" <anortje@ccsc.com>
Re: RE: Stopping Tomcat:

Thanks Randy
I dug through the code and it looks like Tomcat uses -f for starting AND
stopping. I added the -f for stopping, still no joy.
O well there is always kill.