tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <>
Subject RE: Lilian's problems with Tomcat and JavaBeans
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:20:04 GMT
Please ...

 My problem is that I have made a JSP page put in directory "c:/ABC/JSP/"
Tomcat find it ! until here no problem !!!!
this directory is specified by the following context :
<Context path = "/toto"
    reloadable="true" >
 But ... when I included a simple JavaBean into the JSP file ( located in
the same directory) then
Tomcat didn't find it ( The JavaBeans ) !!!!

------------- reply ---------------

The problem is that you have a context configured but just configuring a
does not put that path into your classpath.  The beans need to be in your
classpath.  Therefore either put the classes in a directory which is in your
or in <context>/WEB-INF/classes/ (if just class files) or
(if in a jar file).

ps- Please post to the list in plain text.  I am using
a hypermedia enabled mail viewer but there are plenty of
people on the list who are not.

Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think -

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!

View raw message