tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: making a diary
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:45:19 GMT
> I've figured out how to make a calendar using JSP now...however, i was
> wondering if there was a way to make something like a diary using the
> calendar?
> i would need to grab some data from a database and match it
> up to specific
> dates on the calendar so that they can be displayed in the
> right place ad
> time.

This SEEMS to be a very non-Tomcat question IMHO.  In fact this seems
like a programming theory and free of all specific languages kind of
question.  I HIGHLY recommend finding a good java resource(book, site,
a class, etc...) to learn good java programming techniques before
jumping into servlets/jsp.  In otherwords, first study some programming
theory then move onto the java core API(i.e. getting familiar with the
java.lang, java.io, etc... classes) then once your familiar with these
topics(and only then) move onto the servlet API and Tomcat.

A good guideline for what belongs here is if the entire scope of your
question can be answered without using the Tomcat engine and/or servlet/jsp
technology/api then it probably doesn't really belong here.  In other words
the programming logic for your question can be resolved using the java
core api and jdbc and only the presentation needs to be resolved in jsp
which is somwhat trivial.

This list should be reserved for Tomcat topics and Tomcat related topics
and this is REALLY not a Tomcat topic.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer