tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: PATH INFO with JSP pages.
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:44:11 GMT

	I don't believe that you can get the path info for JSPs - there is a
mapping in the web.xml that basically maps *.jsp to the servlet that
compiles and runs JSP files.  I belive to handle PathInfo you need to use a
servlet.

	Something that you might try would be page.jsp?subsection=a - that
would allow you to still use JSP and divide the sections.

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Handy [mailto:bhandy@jack-of-all-trades.net]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 10:12 AM
To: Tomcat List
Subject: PATH INFO with JSP pages.

I've got some JSP's running for an on-line application to the College that I
work for.  We have a select list of data that the applicant can select from,
it's quite huge (3,000+ rows).  This select list makes the page balloon to
over 2.5Mb of just HTML text.  I'm looking at shortening the list to certain
sections of the alphabet by passing the alphabet range as extra path info.
However, when I try this I get a '404' Error.  I was wondering if there is a
setting in Tomcat that needs to be setup for extra path info to be
translated properly.

Bradley M. Handy         | 106 E. Main St.
Programmer Analyst II    | Station 22
Spring Arbor College     | Spring Arbor, MI 49283
Phone: (517) 750-6675  (off-campus number)
                 1675  (on-campus number)
Email: bhandy@arbor.edu
       bhandy@jack-of-all-trades.net