tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Connection/Session question
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:13:07 GMT

	Not really.  The client will download the content of the JSP page
(which contains the applet).  Assuming that you are using Tomcat in
standalone, the connection to the client will be closed.  Then the applet
will start and the make its connection.

	So you will have two connections, although they will be at different
times.

	Unless you set the cookie for the session or form your URL to
include the sessionid your applet will not join an already existing session.
Instead  a new one will be formed.

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Wang, Jianming [mailto:Jianming.Wang@tfn.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 10:59 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Connection/Session question

Hello,

I have a question:

-   If I have a page containing a applet and some other HTML content, and
the applet uses a URLConnection to connect to the web server.  In this case,
how many connections/sessions I have?   2 connections?  one from the page
itself and one from the applet?

Could any guru please help?  Thanks in advance.

Jianming Wang