tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle Robinson <KRobin...@pangaeainc.com>
Subject RE: IllegalStateException on index.html??
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 18:29:42 GMT
I occasionally get this error when I recompile a class that Tomcat is using.
After you recompile all your classes you should restart Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: sean.hammon@viewpoint.com [mailto:sean.hammon@viewpoint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 9:42 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: IllegalStateException on index.html??

Error: 500
Location: /partners/index.html
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added
this ?
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:261)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
        at
        at
7)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection
(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)

        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

It's a very simple html page. Obviously it references no classes. Why am I
getting this error? I've been using Tomcat for a few weeks now and this is
the first time I've seen this. Restart Tomcat and I get the page just fine.
Another oddity that happened to me yesterday was all of a sudden I was
getting "Forbidden" errors on my HTML pages. In that case I only had to
restart Apache. I'm using Tomcat 3.2, Apache 1.3.14, on Solaris 2.6.

-Sean

P.S. Sorry for the duplicate.