tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick.Hollo...@pyrites.org.uk (Nick Holloway)
Subject Re: Load balancing for Tomcat with mod_jk
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:11:16 GMT
mailinglists@returnpath.net (mailinglists@returnpath.net) writes:
> Are you aware of any Tomcat versions (past, present, future) that might
> support this type of functionality? I suppose I could do it using mod_jserv
> but I would rather stay with the newer architecture(mod_jk). Any idea if
> Tomcat 4.0 might support this?

Changing the connector from mod_jk to mod_jserv will not make any
difference.  The connector is only responsible for passing the requests
between the web server and the tomcat instance.  The only part of the
session it is aware of is the cookie used as the key.

I believe that the session manager can be changed at runtime, but I
don't know of any work that is going on to support session replication --
but I could be wrong.  All I know is that there isn't anything in Tomcat
3.x to support session replication.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/