tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: Use of mod_jserv.so
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:42:52 GMT
I'm pretty sure the mod_jserv for apache and the mod_jserv for Tomcat are
different.
For apache it works as a servlet container, while for Tomcat it is just a
communication link.

Download the Tomcat 3.3m1 release and use the mod_jk from it.
It's located in native/mod_jk/apache1.3

Send any errors you get to the list for assistance in fixing problems.
Make sure to make a note of the versions (OS, apache, tomcat, compiler).

One thing that will help will be first building apache from source on your
system.  Apache's
apxs is used to build mod_jk.  It's values are setup from the build, which
is why most
binary distributions of apache have problems building mod_jk.

You may also have better luck with gcc over a vendor compiler, but the
reverse may
be true for SGI.

Mike.
--