tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: Compiling mod_jk on HPUX11.00
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:17:28 GMT
I was able to get mod_jk built on an hpux 11 l-class using gcc.

I wasn't able to get the dlxxxx stuff working (dlopen, dlclose, etc.).

I ended up changing a few things and removing support for JNI, which was the
only part that uses the dlxxxx stuff.  For my install, I won't use jni,
I'm using apache 1.3 and it isn't recommended anyway.

I was trying to create a build script, but with all of the changes it
doesn't look like something easy to automate.  I can clean up my notes
and send you a copy if you can get by without jni.

Mike.
--
Mike Braden
mbraden@utenzi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John P. Dodge [mailto:dodge@cruciate.ca.boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:28 AM
To: Tomcat Users Mail Liat
Subject: Compiling mod_jk on HPUX11.00

Has anyone been successfull in getting mod_jk to compile and run on
HPUX11.00. I have searched the list and found the response from "Matchim,
Brian - BOP/BDP" <brian.matchim@statcan.ca>. I am having problems getting
past the "dlopen - unresolved symbol" problem that Brian talks about. I am
unable to use the GCC compiler and am using the HP C compiler. Brian
mentions that "dlopen" is available for 64-bit compilers but the source
code must me modified to use the equivalent "shl_open" function for 32-bit
compilers. Does anyone have source code with this fix applied?

					Thanks

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"

John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services Group