tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: beginner of TOMCAT..help required
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:11:04 GMT
In case you haven't see it yet, here is a good doc on developing with
Tomcat:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/appdev/index.html

--
Mike Braden
mbraden@utenzi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sami [mailto:sa@infobroker.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 12:44 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: beginner of TOMCAT..help required

Hello All,
I have recently downloaded Tomcat3.1.2. I unzipped it and then started the
web server. Its up and running. Now i have written some sample servelts like
helloWorldServelt.java, firstServlet.java. I have compiled them, as
servlet.jar is in my CLASSPATH.
Now I want to I want to create a direcotry "/Sami" in  "webapp" directory"
and want to deploy my servlets over there, and want that I should be able to
execute those servlets by typing
http://localhost/Sami/..........
so can anyone give me the sequence of steps  of how to manipulate all XML
files, how to add a new context and blah,blah,,,blah...
I have read the documentation on the site, but I guess that I am not ina
state of mind to pick up that kind of documentation.
I would be very much obliged to any person who helps me in doing this simple
task.
Thanx in advance
 Sami