tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: trouble with mod_jk
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:15:47 GMT
David,

apxs is a perl script that is part of the apache distribution,
which requires perl 5.003 (maybe 5.004) or greater.

The biggest problem seems to be that apxs assumes that Apache was built
on your system.  If you installed apache from a binary distribution,
you can run into problems because apxs pulls compiler options from
the make file in apache.  If this file was not built on your system,
you can run into problems.

Your best be it to install apache from the source.  Its not hard
to do at all and is available from http://httpd.apache.org/

Most boxes can use this to build apache:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most
--enable-shared=max
# make
# make install

The other thing to do is to clean up all of the .o and .so files
that are part of mod_jk.  If they are there from a build another
system, they may not be supported by your box.  The easiest way to
determine that is to use file:

# file mod_jserv.so
mod_jserv.so:   ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC Version 1, dynamically
linked, not stripped

This shows that this library is the correct type form system ( a SPARC box
).

I've seen problems with builds including bins for linux, which show up as
x86 code.

Mike.
--
Mike Braden