tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill_Fellows/MO/
Subject Re: Problems with <%=request.getRemoteHost()%>
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:27:58 GMT

Buenos dias,
What OS are you using?  Does the rest of your JSP work fine if you comment out
the offending part?  What are you trying to do with it?
As a long shot, what is sitting in your address bar?  Are you connected to a
network?  I could very well be talking out of my *ss here, but if you're running
this from a Windows box and you're not connected to a network, you might not
have a computer name set.  Right click your network neighborhood and see what
your computer name is.

What happens when you use the loopback address?  Do you get any response or is
it null as well? -> RH of
localhost:8080 -> RH of
10.123.XX.XXX -> RH of lil_peter
lil_peter:8080 -> RH of lil_peter